Fashion week is a month of runway shows in New York tells the world know what to wear in the upcoming year! Well, realistically, it sets the trends and gives us some ideas to play with when thinking about our attire, both for work and for fun.
What’s in store for 2016? A lot of diverse and bold trends, including:
- Pants for evening wear – you can turn work-wear into evening-wear now more than ever!
- Kitten heels – cute, professional, comfortable, and high-fashion all in one pair of shoes.
- Graphic black and white – looks clean and high-fashion in any setting.
80’s comeback – we can have fun with color and pattern, but keep it to one piece at work.
- Leather – jackets, skirts, pants…sassy and bold, gives even a tee-shirt an edge.
- Chunky knits – warm, comfortable, and can be paired with jeans or dress pants
- Safari chic – animal prints seem to be here to stay for another year!
The Wardrobe Boutique has an ever-changing and growing collection of quality and fashionable clothing and accessories that will no doubt make your 2016 on-trend. Make sure to stop by the boutique at 1822 Spring Garden to try on fashions at 50-70% retail. You can also visit the online store, or follow us on Instagram for more online sales and shopping! Best of all, all proceeds benefit Career Wardrobe with the goal to empower women in transition to work and succeed in their jobs.
What trends are you looking forward to for 2016?
Written by Michelle Sonsino for Career Wardrobe